NOTICE TO ALL:
The Virgin Islands Department of Education (VIDE) is now using the online recruitment system powered by NEOGOV. This new online software to improve the hiring process for job seekers and the efficiency of the human resources representatives. Interested job seekers are able to apply for current vacancies or sign up for job interest cards via the department’s website. The new software has streamlined the job search and application process for job seekers. Instead of manually applying for multiple job openings, candidates can create a user profile to submit applications and attachments (e.g. transcripts) electronically.
Current Vacancy Listings by District:
St. Thomas/St.John District Vacancies:
Interested applicants can prepare by doing the following:
- You must create an applicant profile with NEOGOV at https://www.governmentjobs.com/CreateAccount
- If you already have an account, you can use your governmentjobs.com account. Your current applicant profile in the office of human resources will NOT carry over to the new system.
- For ALL jobs, applicants will need to apply online.
- For instructions to create a profile and apply for jobs online, go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/Content/Documents/apply.pdf
- To receive VIDE job notifications, you must sign up with NEOGOV and subscribe at
- The former paper application process has been discontinued.
Important Notice to Applicants interested in Teaching Vacancies:
Please note that the following titles require additional documents prior to submitted an application:
1. Elementary Teacher, Secondary Teacher, Special Education, ESL, Social Worker, Librarians, Guidance Counselor, Pschologist, Educational Diagnostician, and Sustitutes require you to have a Certification from the Virgin Islands Board of Education. For more information on
how to become certified, please visit https://www.myviboe.com/certifications
2. Vocational Teaching positions require you to have a certification from the Virgin Islands Board of Career and Technical Education. For more information on how to become certified, please visit https://victeb.org/certification-requirements-form-checklist/
Please note that the Certification process is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT in order for your application to be considered. It is strongly advised that interested teaching applicants complete that process FIRST.