What is CTE?
Career and technical education, or CTE, is education that directly prepares students for high-wage, high-demand careers. CTE covers many different fields, including health care, information technology, advanced manufacturing, hospitality and management and many more, as described in ACTE’s What is CTE? page and Sector Sheets. CTE encompasses many different types of education, from classroom learning to certification programs to work-based learning opportunities outside the classroom.
What is CTE Month?
Career and Technical Education Month®, or CTE Month®, is a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country.
CTE Month Resources
- Career and Technical Education Teachers: Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Career and Technical Education Teachers Career Video
- CTE Career and Technical Education Video
- CTE Month & NASA HUNCH Student Video Challenge | ACTE
- The First Lady Speaks on Career and Technical Education (CTE) Video
- Advance CTE
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary